|US Brand Name||Rogaine|
Description of the drug
Minoxidil is the active ingredient present in Coverit-2% 60 ml. The drug is mainly used to baldness. You can buy Coverit-2% 60 ml online.
Indications and Usage
Minoxidil is used to stimulate hair growth and treat baldness. It is mostly effective for people who are below the age of 40. Tough the drug does not cure baldness completely; it can certainly reduce the pace of receding hairlines. Androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness happens because of androgen imbalance in the body. This causes thinning of hair on the top of the head. Minoxidil works by promoting hair growth when applied consistently and in the prescribed doses.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be recommended by the doctor after examining you thoroughly. Generally 20 drops or 1 ml of Minoxidil lotion needs to be applied on the bald area. It is normally applied twice a day or as instructed by your doctor.
-Method of Administration:
The desired quantity of the medicine needs to be applied as per the instruction of the doctor. The solution needs to be applied in the affected scalp region by parting the hair into two parts and then applying it evenly. Your hands need to be washed before and after the use of the lotion and not more than 2 ml of the lotion is to be applied per day. Apply the lotion carefully so that it does not get in the nose, eyes or the mouth.
Applying the medicine at the same time each day reduces the chance of the medicine getting missed. In case you missed the dose, you can skip the dose and apply the next dose at the correct time. To catch up the missed dose, it is advisable not to double up the dose.
Minoxidil being a topical solution, the chances of overdose is quite less. However, in case you have applied excess lotion and experience any kind of discomfort consult your doctor immediately. When the lotion is applied in excess it may lead to warmth and redness of the affected area, headaches etc.
Forms and Strengths:
- Forms: Lotion
- Strength: 60 ml
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
Consult your doctor before planning to use the medicine for proper guidance and dose.
- Check the expiry date of the medicine before using it.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant before using this drug.
- The drug is to be applied regularly for best result.
- Do not apply the medicine if you experience any allergies, scalp disease like wounds/cuts or eczema on scalp, irritated, damaged or sunburned scalp skin.
- If suffering from any chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma or any heart related problems consult your doctor before using it.
- The drug should not be used for those below the age of 18.
- Before buying Coverit-2%-60 ml online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Redness and flaking of the skin
- Allergic reactions like breathing problems
- Headache and irritation
- Swollen lips, face and tongue
- Dizziness and light-headedness
- Irregular heartbeat
Let the doctor know about other medicines which you are using as they might interact with Minoxidil and cause serious allergic reactions. Also application of other topical solution should be avoided while using Minoxidil solution.
The medicine contains the active ingredient Minoxidil, a vasodilator which widens blood vessels by reducing the blood pressure in the body. The dilated blood vessels allow the blood to flow more easily and at a low pressure.
The drug should be kept in a safe place and away from fire as it is flammable. It should be kept away from the reach and sight of the children.
It is manufactured by Micro Lab an Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Coverit-2%-6 ml online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.