|US Brand Name||Salicifix|
|Generic Name||Salicylic Acidv|
Description of the drug
Salicylic acid is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in salicylix 6% (50 gm) Ointment.Salicylic acid cream is a topical salicylate, used to treat various skin conditions like hard skin, psoriasis, scaly skin conditions and some fungal nail infections. It is applied on the affected area of the skin. It is available as a topical ointment cream used in the treatment of mild to moderate acne. Salicylic acid is an anti-inflammatory action and is a key ingredient in many skin care products.
Indications and Usage
Salicylic Acid is used on the skin to treat psoriasis and other dry, scaly skin conditions. This medication is also used to help remove dead skin from warts, the palms of the hands, and the soles of the feet. Salicylic acid causes the skin to shed dead cells from its top layer of the area where it is applied.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition, therefore, it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Salicylic Acid is available in the form of a Cream, to be applied topically on the skin surface. Apply a enough quantity of Cream to cover an infected area of the skin and rub it well, wash and clean the affected area with soap and water for better result before applying this drug. Use this drug application as directed by your doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some allergic symptoms. In any case of an accidental overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Salicylic acidis available on our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Salicylix 6% (50 gm) ointment
This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation
Do not apply this medication near the mouth, eyes, and other mucous membrane
Warnings and precautions
Remember that Salicylic acid cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying salicylix 6% (50 gm)online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Take this drug only when it is needed during pregnancy, it may harm the unborn baby therefore, it is advised to take this medicament under the doctor’s supervision with a regular checkup.
- This drug is not suitable for lactating mothers, prior consult your doctor and then start this medicine.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, having sunburn, eczema, or high blood lipid levels. In this case, consult your doctor regarding the same prior taking this medicament.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
- This drug is intended for external use only, no to be taken orally.
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament
- Avoid wrapping of the affected area
- Wash your hands properly before taking this medicament
- Avoid applying this medication to a normal skin.
- Do not use this medicament in large amount or more than it is prescribed. It is advised to use this medicament as per your doctor’s prescription.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Mild irritation
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Tightness of chest
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Tazarotene
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of salicylix Ointment.
Salicylix Ointmentcomprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called salicylic acid, it is an anti-inflammatory in action. It acts via inhibiting the cycloxygenase enzyme that is a precursor for the formation of inflammatory mediators like prostaglandins. It prevents pores from clogging up and helps in new growth of cells. When applied topically, it reduces swelling, redness and unplugging of blocked skin pores which leads to pimple shrinkage.
Salicylix ointment should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Salicylix 6% (50 gm) ointment is manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company, located in Hyderabad, India. You can easily buy Salicylix 6% (50 gm) online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.