|US Brand Name
|100 mg/1 ml
Description of the drug
Progesteroneis the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Susten100 mg/ 1 ml Injection. Progesterone is a natural occurring female hormone produced by an ovary, which is important for the regulation of ovulation and menstruation cycle. Susten Intramuscular Injection is used to maintain the early pregnancy in cases, having the history of repeated miscarriage.
Indications and Usage
SustenIntramuscular Injection is a sterile oil solution, should be taken through an intramuscular routeindicated for the treatment of infertility in womens by regulating ovulation and stimulating the release of an egg from the ovaries, used in the maintenance of early pregnancy in cases of documented history of repeated miscarriages due to luteal phase defect.This may also be used during in vitro fertilization when women is suffering from infertility, instead of having normal ovulatory menstrual cycles, it may be due to the problem with the fallopian tubes or the womb.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Susten100 mg/ 1 ml intramuscular Injection is available in the form of a Injection. It is a sterile oil solution should be given through an Intramuscular route. It is advised to use this medication exactly as per your doctor’s instructions. Do not use this drug, if it looks lumpy or grainy, if it looks discolored, or if the bottle or vial looks frosted.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Progesterone is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Susten 100 mg/ 1 ml Ampoules
- Susten 200mg/ 2 ml Ampoules
- Susten Gel 1.35 gm
- Susten 100 mg Tablet
- Susten 200 mg Soft Gelatin Capsules
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- This drug should not be used in pregnant women.
- Do not use this medication if the patient has had a cancer, such as breast cancer or a cancer of the womb lining or ovary.
- This drug should not be used in women, who are suffering from unexplained abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected sex-steroid sensitive malignancies
- This drug should not be in those patients, having a tumor, dependent on progesterone or estrogen for growth.
- This medication should not be used in those patients, having overgrowth of the lining of the uterus
- This drug should not be used by women, who got their uterus removed.
Warnings and precautions
Remember that Progesteronecannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Susten injection online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression,this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- If the patient is having any heart disease, including heart failure in the past six months, then consult your doctor, let him know about your medical history prior taking this medicament.
- If the patient is suffering from Thrombosis. Thrombosis is the formation of a blood clot in a blood vessel such as deep venous thrombosis or the lungs such as pulmonary embolism. In these conditions this drug should not be consumed without consulting the doctor. It is advised to take this drug only after consulting and prescription of the doctor.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, if they ever had bleeding in the brain, stroke, heart attack, or other serious blood vessel problems. In this case, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients who are suffering from asthma, diabetes, migraine or an epilepsy problem. In these conditions, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is suffering from jaundice. Consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, suffering from tuberculosis. Consult your doctor, let him know about your medical problem before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those women who have a history of breast nodules, fibrocystic disease of the breast, an abnormal breast x-ray or mammogram, or irregular or scanty menstrual periods. Consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those women, who are suffering from any kind of cancer. It is advised to tell your doctor about your disease before taking this medicament.
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any blood problem.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
Some common side effects that can occur:
- Changes in menstrual bleeding, e.g., irregular bleeding or sometimes stopping of bleeding
- Mood changes, including depression.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Breast tenderness.
- Weight gain.
- Rash or hives.
- Ectopic pregnancy
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Mood swings
- Vaginal discharge
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Cysts on the ovaries
- Painful menstrual cycle
- Less sexual desire
- Signs of blood clot
- Irritation or itching of the skin in or around the vagina.
- Breasts become swollen, tender or painful
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Progesterone:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Susten 100mg/1 ml Injection.
Susten Injections comprise of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Progesterone. It belongs to the class of medications called Progestins. It is a substitute for a naturally occurring Progesterone hormone produced by an ovaries. This hormone is important for the regulation of ovulation and menstruation cycle. It works by increasing the Progesterone levels to trigger the release of an egg from the ovaries, so that it may be fertilized naturally. This is how this medication is used to treat infertility in women by preparing the lining of the womb to receive a fertilized egg.
Sustain Injections should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Keep the unopened Ampoules in the refrigerator until it is needed, do not freeze this drug. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open
Susten100 mg/ 1 ml Injection is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical. It is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. It develops and manufactures the pharmaceutical products. You can easily buy Susten Gel online from our website and we will deliver this product at your doorstep.